So I had a craving for a spicy teriyaki chicken bowl, but not with all that MSG (and overcooked veggies)! So here's what I came up with (it turned out pretty tasty!):
1 head broccoli/broccoli crown
1 bag frozen mixed peppers
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1-2 chicken breasts grilled and sliced
1 cup rice
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 cup brown sugar or maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves chopped
1 tablespoon spicy steak seasoning
1. Prepare rice according to package instructions
2. Steam broccoli until almost cooked but still crunchy, and in the last minute or so add the peppers and onions and sprinkle with the spicy steak seasoning. Cover with a lid for 5 minutes with heat turned off.
3. Pour soy sauce, flour, brown sugar and garlic into sauce pan and cook over low heat for a few minutes. When sauce thickens add water to thin and ginger, stir to Combine and remove from heat.
4. Pour sauce over veggies and add chicken. Stir to combine.
5. Serve over rice and enjoy!