I made this for dinner the other night--it's one of my favorites!
Rose's Chicken or Eggplant Parm
Ingredients: Chicken and/or eggplant, an egg, italian bread crumbs, olive oil, spaghetti, marinara or your favorite spaghetti sauce (or you can make your own sauce)
1. Get the ingredients together for the chicken or eggplant slices so you have a little assembly line.
2. Put the chicken breasts side by side on a cutting board and lay a piece of plastic wrap over them (or put inside a ziplock).
3.Pound the chicken breasts with a flat meat mallet, until they are about 1/2-inch thick. Then season with salt and pepper.
4. In a wide bowl, combine the egg and a bit of water or milk- and , beat until frothy.
5. Put a cup of Italian bread crumbs on a plate.
6. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large oven-proof skillet.
7. Lightly dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the egg wash to coat completely, letting the excess drip off, then dredge in the bread crumbs.
8. When the oil is nice and hot, add the cutlets and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and crusty, turning once.
9. Ladle your favorite marinara or spaghetti sauce over some cooked spaghetti and add the chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella, Parmesan, and season to taste.