Friday, July 9, 2010

Fashion Fridays: Things I'm Loving - Transparent Accessories


I know I am the queen of statement necklaces and I love to mix and layer them for a bit of flare. Recently I am loving these transparent, lucite statement necklaces and other accessories--like the one Queen Latifah wore on the BET awards. I have seen them before, (awhile ago with the Estee Lauder campaign featuring Liya Kebede--love her!) but I am starting to see them everywhere, and I think they are so fun for summer!


The best part about them--is that they are transparent--so they can be paired with virtually anything. I personally think they look best with whites, champagnes, silvers, soft pinks, and pastels--but you could pair them with any other fun solid color. I also wouldn't be afraid to pair them with a simple pattern--but also consider that the beauty of the necklace may get lost in the print (depending on the necklace and depending on the pattern).

The best canvas for a statement necklace is your bare shoulders (if those are one of your best features) so strapless numbers pair well with these as well.

I personally think they look best with boat necklines. The more dramatic you go with the necklace, the more simpler the item you pair them with. Try them out this week!

2 comments:

  1. The necklaces are super cool, have you seen any in stores?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually seen them a lot--most department stores like Macy's and Nordstrom, but I have also seen them in stores like Kohl's and TJ MAXX for anywhere from $12 to $45.

    ReplyDelete

{ See More }

Related Posts with Thumbnails