One of my favorite flavors is when I go to an Italian restaurant and they pour a little olive oil out onto a saucer and add a house blend of seasonings to dip your bread in.
It gives your bread a little pizzazz and is a much healthier alternative to butter! I have created my own version and it tastes amazing, so I thought I'd share.
This is a quick and easy recipe that is great for entertaining, dinner parties, cozy soirees with girlfriends, or just for a snack! Try it out!
1 tablespoon of Italian blend dry seasoning (mixture of oregano, basil, rosemary)
1 teaspoon of McCormick's Spicy Montreal Steak seasoning
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I like it a tad spicy!)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (or one quick squirt!)
Extra virgin olive oil
1 roll of French bread, sliced in 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch pieces
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
1. Combine all of the dry ingredients and mix well
2. Pour extra virgin olive oil onto a small saucer
3. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the dry mixture to the olive oil (1 tablespoon of dry mix to every 3- 4 tablespoons of olive oil)
4. Add lemon juice and mix a bit
5. Dip sliced bread in mixture.
*Another variation is to add 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar for a tangy twist*
As you run out, add more dry mix and more olive oil. I promise, you will have your friends practically begging for the secret!